View Single Post
Old 19 March 2004, 08:07   #1
Swordlord

The most badly cracked Amiga game

Ordinarily, I wouldn't have anything but respect for these people who work for free, so that other people could enjoy or re-enjoy their favourite games. Kudos and many thanks to them.

But once in a while, very rarely, you stumble upon a game cracked/dumped so poorly that you feel like breaking the CD you put it on and smack yourself over the head for wasting 2 hours with it. Right? Or has this only happened to me?

I just come from playing 'Dragon's Lair'. The first one. (Sorry to bring this again into discussion, I know there are people who hate it, but I really like it.) The original version had 6 disks. The cracked version has 8 .adf files. But the scenes are all over the place. 'Whirlpools/Rapids' are on both disks 1 and 4, stuff that was normally on disk 6 is now on 8, 5 on 6, 5 on 4... It's really mayhem.

The first time I went through tonight, I got to the dragon. Just when Dirk was ready to throw the sword into Singe's gut, it froze. I didn't know what to do. Later, I found out that there's that message at the beginning telling you to switch to disk 6, 'cause the game doesn't tell you. Okay, it's mostly my fault, having to re-start, but it's still bad cracking, ain't it? I mean, putting 5 of the moves in the last scene in one file and 1 move in another? It's not like there just wasn't any more space on the 3.5 floppy disk, is it?

So, I went through again, and this time switched the files. It didn't do anything at first. And then, out of the blue, I see some lines flickering and the screen turned to crap. Like an incompatible PC game. I had to reset, but I'm not going to play this game again because it loads so badly... (And it's just like the PC game, only one room extra.) So, basically, it's not possible to get past the dragon's tail. [But, if anyone did, please let me know how.]

PLEASE, WRITE HERE ABOUT OTHER GAMES YOU'VE PLAYED THAT YOU FEEL ARE BADLY CRACKED. I'm very curious which other .adf files can frustrate the Amiga gamer. Thanks.

Last edited by Swordlord; 19 March 2004 at 08:16.

Page generated in 0.04259 seconds with 11 queries