View Single Post
Old 05 August 2020, 12:24   #7
Sim085

I have been going through the Amiga Hardware Database to see if I can find any examples of what I might be looking for. I know these are impossible to get, but since they existed maybe someone would know if they would work or not in the hypothetical setup I am imagining. The examples I found are not 030 so for the moment ignore the thread title about the 030 part. As I said I am not really after speed.

So I have an A500 with an external HDD with 8MB FastRAM.

If it was 1992 and I went to buy ICD AdSpeed (link) would the setup work? This accelerates the A500 to 14Mhz and page says that it has "32 kB SRAM (16 kB cache and 16 kB of cache tags) which reduces the time required to read and write to Fast RAM". So would a setup with an external HDD and AdSpeed have worked?

I also found Creative Microsystems PAMC-500 (link) and Evolution Computer Systems Avanti (link). Both of these are similar to AdSpeed, that is - they do not come with any FastRAM on-board and increase the speed of the machine to 14Mhz. These however also provide the option to add an FPU to the system as well.

Edit:

Well with regards to AdSpeed I did found the following on another thread "So far, that's the most incompatible piece of hardware I've used on an Amiga yet".

Last edited by Sim085; 05 August 2020 at 12:47.

Page generated in 0.04147 seconds with 10 queries