View Single Post
Old 27 July 2020, 02:21   #192
gsoravil

Movec,

I do hope you read this as these are likely very small, easy tweaks that could make a huge difference.

I'm from USA and have been following this project since January (and playing with the tools on and off a lot). First off, TRULY AMAZING WORK! You have brought back a lot of excitement to my A1200.

The version I started on was impressive (0.9.70). The updates you've done this year have been seriously helpful - especially the agaconv updates. Note, as I write this I am up-to-date on both AGABlaster (player) and agaconv (converter).

I have played with both NTSC and PAL playback on both x70 and x71 but in both cases I run into an issue that is much more problematic for me on NTSC -- the video is just too far right on NTSC. I believe this is likely an easy fix for you. Overall I really need just a couple things to make this whole project near perfect to me...some (likely easy to code) additional parameters to AGABlaster (player):

1. Ability to set an actual value/offset for horizontal position. I don't care if it's limited to certain values you need for memory offset (e.g. 0, 32, 64, etc.) I just need SOMETHING.
2. Less important but desired: same thing for vertical (to be fair, the vertical centering you added is close to what I would choose)
3. As important as #1 - PAL command line option. You have an NTSC override but no PAL override (as far as I can tell).

Additionally, I think (long term) you might want to consider some low-hanging fruit like NOFILTER for shutting off the audio filter (and FILTER to turn it back on) and things like that.

I am more than happy to help in any way I can, but these few (assumed to be easy) tweaks would make such a huge difference to me personally that I'd nearly call it "v1.0". If you would like me to give you feedback into ideal values for horizontal offset on NTSC I can do that. I also have access to PVMs for critical assessment if desired.

(On a side-note that is probably more work to fix and I would definitely not worry about is that --MAX-COLORS=4 does not work for me on agaconv, though I'm not sure if anyone really cares. I was just experimenting with various amounts of bit planes. Seriously, I don't care if that's ever fixed. Just pointing it out in case you are tracking any "someday I might fix this" stuff.)

Thank you for all the hard work!!
Greg

Page generated in 0.04434 seconds with 11 queries