View Single Post
Old 08 July 2020, 08:46   #190
movec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai_Crow View Post
I'll have to give them a look.
FFMPlay is already implemented for Hollywood in the form of the AVCodec plugin. Maybe I could see about converting AGAConv to an Animation Saver plugin for Hollywood also. It would be nice to convert Hollywood presentations to CDXL. That only leaves HAM_Convert. I'll still have to look into that.
agaconv (script) invokes those 3 programs as commands. My idea was that you do the same, but with a GUI, replacing the agaconv script. Hollywood has in it's DOS library an Execute feature. That should allow to replicate the same behavior as agaconv script, just with a GUI? (I only read the docs, no idea if this works).

https://www.hollywood-mal.com/docs/pdf/hollywood.pdf
Section 25.15 Execute

Quote:
HAM_Convert is not open-source or at least I wasn't able to find the Java Source by Googling. It only has the bytecode in the Jar file that I could find.
Yes, ham_convert, is freeware but not open-source.
I should have said: everything I wrote is open-source (the agaonv script and aagaconv-encode)

However, ham_convert is optional. For generating AGA videos it's not necessary. So there is a path that is pure open-source.

Quote:
Hollywood may already have HAM conversion support in its runtime library so maybe it'll work without HAM_Convert.
That's interesting, but see below.

Quote:
SInce Hollywood has Video Loader plugin format but not a Video Saver plugin format, my video outputting visions may have to take a detour. It's still possible to do but no standardized way to do it.
You need to invoke agaconv-encode, otherwise you wouldn't get 24-bit AGA/HAM8 CDXL videos. So if Hollywood's Execute feature works the way I think it does, this could be a way to do it with Hollywood?

Last edited by movec; 08 July 2020 at 08:56.

Page generated in 0.04251 seconds with 11 queries