Do You Use WHDLoad?
I'm interested in how many people use WHDLoad here. A few people have said in the past that they don't use it. I think it's one of the best things to happen to the Amiga. It:
1. Runs games/demos completely from hard disk.
2. Removes disk swapping nightmares.
3. Fixes compatibility problems with newer Amigas.
4. Removes any copy protection.
5. Saves the original game from death by floppy corruption.
6. Writes/loads save games/hiscores to hard disk.
7. Sometimes fixes bugs.
8. Apart from the initial registration, the installers are provided free.
9. Often fix incompatibility problems with Amiga emulators, by eliminating problems with disk loading problems, badly coded pirate intros and anti-copy protections.
10. Supports over 850 games and over 170 demos.
11. A quitkey can be used to exit from all games to Workbench.
So, the question I want to ask is, do you use it and if not, why?
Last edited by CodyJarrett; 24 September 2001 at 15:50.