View Single Post
Old 28 May 2020, 17:51   #1
FirstNE

Hello from Connecticut, USA

A brief introduction. My user name kind of says it all. A buddy and I were the first folks in the Northeast, USA to buy the Amiga 1000. I still have the 1000, though I can not get it to sync with a modern CRT. I also have an A3000. Unfortunately , I made a big boo boo and accidentally wired the power outlet into a 220V line and blew it's power supply. I replaced the supply, but the A3000 is showing a green screen - indicating it's got a memory chip problem. I haven't been able to solve that. <sigh>.

I was an Amiga developer from the beginning and I formed a small company and made a program called "Age of Sail". We sold a few copies but I met a girl, got married, and lost all my free time to work on it and my board members didn't want to do any of the daily things necessary for a company so we disbanded it. I would love to redo the game and put it out as freeware - but I've a lot of hurdles to go through before I do.

A year ago I booted up the A3000 and I couldn't believe how quickly it was up and running. I miss that with modern OSes. I left the Amiga well after Commodore went defunct in the hopes someone might resurrect it... but alas it was sold and resold. I became a Linux geek and here we are almost 30 years later, trying to resurrect a long defunct and well beloved machine.

Anyway, I'll be posting for hardware help to see if I can rescue data on hard drives and floppies. Cheers!

Page generated in 0.07891 seconds with 11 queries