View Single Post
Old 27 April 2020, 20:44   #3892
Timtheloon

Sonnet 7200 PCI programming

Quote:
Originally Posted by grelbfarlk View Post
Tim, a couple things I noticed:
VoodooInt = Yes this used to be slow and crashy if it was not set.
VoodooMem = 10 that's a little low but should be fine. Generally we set it for 12 or 13 as you'd want to give as much VRAM to the Voodoo as possible, in that if you don't need it for Spider buffers or Sonnetlib space, it's not good for much else.

Not sure about that card order, but if it works, then I suppose it's fine.
SBLive is not supported by anything other than a mixer, AFAIK there is no functional driver as an AHI device, but maybe you just want it as a sound mixer or maybe it's just there for bus termination. There is in-theory a driver in AHI v6.7 for OpenPCI but I don't know anyone that has gotten it working, maybe Trixster in his AA3000+ on Prometheus?

That benchmark result is not far off for a Voodoo at 800x600. There is a known issue that FPS drops off a cliff higher than 640x480, which should give you something like 50FPS.
Thanks @grelbfarlk, really appreciate the feedback.

The reason I set VoodooInt to No, is because if I Set it to yes my WHDload games do not start I just get a black screen I'm not sure if this is a bug with the Ratte Auto Switch SwitchControl (This Also happens on my 1200 Sonnet Build)

I will Adjust the VoodooMem and see how it performs

Now I'm a little confused by the SBLive, I thought, if it wasn't compatibly I wouldn't get sound in my Games when I select AHI? but I think I have a spare SB128 somewhere

I'll try Blitzquake at 640x480 see if I can get close to 50Fps

Last edited by Timtheloon; 27 April 2020 at 21:23.

Page generated in 0.08210 seconds with 11 queries