View Single Post
Old 12 April 2020, 16:04   #3
johnnybarker

I bought a voodoo 3 recently but could not fit it as I am still having some bother with it. When it arrived, it was missing an electrolytic cap, two caps were dented and one of the SMD caps was broken. It also looked it had been stored in the ocean for bit. I recapped it and replaced the missing one (had to guess the value) and at one point is was working fine in my Pentium 233. After cleaning the board further to get all the extensive corrosion off it I must have knocked off another one of the SMD caps (probably because the joints were so bad) and owing to my poor eyesight I can’t find it. I tried employing the services of a young child with better eyes but he quickly got bored and wandered off. I have tried fitting the commonest value caps which I took from one of the spare modems but it is still not working. I will need to try and find another identical board to desolder the cap and measure the value. If anyone knows the value of this capacitor (c91 )as marked on picture 17 please let me know! I think it is one of the later voodoo revision boards.

For now though I am pretty happy overall with the results and just need to find time to set up the software for the PPC card. The last 2 pictures show the final setup (for now at least).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 17.jpg
Views:	374
Size:	585.7 KB
ID:	66812   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 18.jpg
Views:	372
Size:	438.3 KB
ID:	66819   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 19.jpg
Views:	394