View Single Post
Old 17 February 2004, 06:28   #295
Oscar Castillo

Send a message via AIM to Oscar Castillo
Quote:
Originally posted by Akira
I'm on the verge of having to make up my mind for either a 12" Powerbook or a desktop G5.

I've had my iBook for 14 months already, and all I think about now is that Logoc Board shit... Apple has been delivering dud iBooks for months, and ho-hum! I bought my iBook between those months. I hope she doesn't fail, because I cannot replace nor repair it if it happens!

So far she's been a great girl, very reliable and good all round. Today I had to reinstall it all from scratch because I got sick, SICK of Panther. Too slow on my machine and ridden with bugs. Since I cannot give up Exposť (:P), I ended up making a tri-boot setup: OS9, (what for? just because I can, mine was the last model that allowed booting into 9) Panther and jaguar. For my live video work I'll have to resort to Jaguar, the diference is HUGE.

so she's now fresh as a lettuce, with her HD all freed up and the OSes just freshly installed. It does feel dumb to have Panther and Jaguar installed, buit it's my only choice for now (it's like having Windows ME and Xp in the same machine :P). Luckily I could strip down Jaguar to (just/??!! hell!) one gig, and I can manually strip it more if I want.

LOL! You did the watch+cellphone spymac thing! I also realize you apreciate booty as much as my cousin

I guess that, for retaliating the spymac crap, I'll have to do the absolute bummest setup ever. Tomorow I'll post it
The thing about getting a G5 now which is what I'm contemplating is that you recall Jobs said within a year they'd bve at 3GHz? Well the new PPC970FX is out and making its way into the Xserve G5 already, kinda hush hush, but it's out. They say the PPC970FX makes the Opeteron pale in comparison. So I may actually wait until MacWorld NY, which may bring the FX to the G5 desktop. I alwasys seem to be out of sync when it comes to Apple products, but no more.
Boy do I love booty. Vida Guerra has an incredible booty.

Page generated in 0.05036 seconds with 9 queries