Thread: UHC Tools
View Single Post
Old 06 March 2020, 08:22   #52
patrik

If you run SynergyClient with LOGLEVEL=4, you can see which raw synergy server keycode is sent (buttonKey - differs between linux, windows, mac) and which raw amiga keycode it is translated to (amigaKey).

Which keymap are you running on the Amiga?

I have received reports of this issue with the "usa2" keymap.

The issue has a few parts:
- To begin with the pc keyboards are missing the key to the left of the backspace key - the |\ key.
- The key marked with |\ on an american keyboard sends the same raw synergy keycode as the key that in european or british keyboards is positioned to the bottom left of the two-row-enter key. On european or british keyboards, this key is used on the Amiga for other characters, but as I understand it, there is actually a blank key here on the american Amiga keyboards.
- Depending on keymap on the Amiga, this missing key is not a problem as |\ can be generated from another key using modifiers - for example with the "s" keymap, it can be generated with the <> key by using alt and alt+shift.

If my memory serves me correct, the user which reported this issue solved it by creating a variant of the usa keymap which gives |\ from presses on the blind key.

Page generated in 0.04349 seconds with 11 queries