View Single Post
Old 29 February 2020, 09:55   #15
Tigerskunk
Inviyya Dude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalA1000 View Post
Nah, looking at the 99% underwhelming coding of ALL AGA games clearly shows you need talent with the AGA chipset coding not just the CPU. Shaun Southern levels of talent I mean. Having the sprites do all the work really allows you to attack the 68000 game logic inside the Sega ports at least with the 68020 even stuck in often blocked Chip RAM of A1200 design.
I think you misunderstood me.
I am not talking about the CPUs capability to handle SF2s game logic, but the coders capability to make SF2 the game it is.

You'd either need to get to get your hands on the game engine as it is, reverse engineer some other 68k version, or hack all the speeds, frame and hitbox data in there. Which would take a lot of time.

SF2 is a rather complex game.
Don't underestimate that.

And on the capabilities of AGA, I cannot speak for other coders, less those who worked 25 years ago.
It's just that going from my experience from coding Inviyya on OCS, that creating a good looking SF2 on AGA hardware doesn't seem too be much of an effort to me with those huge unlimited eight 64px wide sprites you have there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadnought View Post
I did something like that for my little first attempt at a Vectrex game back in 2006:
[ Show youtube player ]

and this for the C64:
[ Show youtube player ]

It's a simple state machine in the end.
The magic within SF2 lies within the frame data and hit boxes. You need this data to really get the "SF2 feeling".

Page generated in 0.04260 seconds with 11 queries