View Single Post
Old 30 January 2020, 02:44   #1
Flimbo

The very best joysticks for the Amiga in 2020?

Back in the very early 90s I must have destroyed a whole range of beautiful but weak joysticks playing Sensible Soccer with my friends. My bedroom was an electric graveyard of bust up Cheetahs, Quickshots, Cobras and borrowed dusty, jam clad no mark joysticks. The only joystick that would survive for long in my useless hands were the Atari 2600 joysticks. Other than gimmicky fishing rods and sticks on the Dreamcast or Nintendo Wii, I actually haven't held a classic joystick in my hands for twenty odd years. The last joystick I held was potentially produced in 1982.

So as you can imagine, I am at a loss when it comes to good joysticks for the Amiga and a lot has happened since I last owned and Amiga. In 2020 what are the best options for a joystick for this platform? New, retro, or hacked...

I have ordered a Official Sega Arcade Power Stick, but have heard both good and bad reports about these for the Amiga.

The fella that sold me the new Amiga suggested I buy a Monster joystick which look beautiful but the casing looks like it would be uncomfortable to hold after awhile.

Does anybody use a USB joystick/pad with the Amiga?

Page generated in 0.04184 seconds with 11 queries