View Single Post
Old 26 January 2020, 12:57   #1
peo

Need some help with setting up Trifecta 500 LX emu

Hi Toni,

I finally dumped the SCSI disk that was mounted inside my Trifecta (and stuffed away) at the time I made the ROM dumps for you ( http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=98091 )

Not a single bad block on that disk once I got it spinning and recognized by the SCSI adapter (DC-390 in the pc I use for booting TRK and using ddrescue on).

Did however notice something odd going on, probably being because the disk was partitioned with the Trifecta utility. "RDSK" in the dumped image started at the second disk block, not the first.

This made it a) unbootable, and b) other bootable Amiga emu not able to see the third partition at all (DH2, "Data", which is listed as a partition when adding the disk to Amiga Forever and WinUAE).

As for the content I found, most data is probably compressed with some real-time compression library like xpk-something, I have to investigate the setup when it's booting from the Trifecta's system partition). I also suspect I softkicked it into KS 3.1.

So, unfamiliar with the extra-ROM settings, instead of attaching a lot of images with questionable (not described) fields to fill in, I'm asking for some help setting up the configuration to emulate, as close as possible my A500+ which used this controller:

A500+ (KS 2.04), 2MB ChipRAM, VXL-30/RAM-32 (68030, 68882, 8MB FastRAM), Trifecta 500LX (with another 8MB RAM) with Quantum 730S.

I have included the first 5000 blocks of the dumped image for you to examine and hope you have a few spare minutes to take a look and creating the config as above.

/PeO
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Trifecta_500LX_Quantum_730S.partial.png
Views:	122
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	66006   Click image for larger version

Name:	Trifecta_500LX_disk_AmigaForever.PNG
Views:	116
Size:	11.5 KB
ID:	66008  
Attached Files
File Type: rar Trifecta_500LX_Quantum_730S.partial.rar (2.33 MB, 102 views)

Page generated in 0.04593 seconds with 12 queries