View Single Post
Old 21 January 2020, 16:37   #968
Amigajay

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadnought View Post
Myself, I always thought there actually is a correlation between sales figures and attractive feature set, no? Features such as killer software line up and future-proof expansion capabilities, in this case.

Otherwise, I'd be quite curious to learn why exactly it was that the PC took over? Something in the air?
But your mistaking people wanting to play Doom with using an ancient DOS based system which is far from being an 'attractive feature set'.

And if you have ever thought PC's have future proof expansion capabilities than that's quite laughable in its own right, they never have and never will unless you replace most of the entire system, i'm sure 0.0000000001 of the people using the same PC's they used in 1992 are having a good time!

Btw PC's took over as you say because they were used in every business, they were business computers, hence the term 'home computer' is used for most other computers bar the DOS PC, they became main steam plainly because of the numbers used and the amount of companies reselling, hence parts getting forever cheaper and cheaper, though never mistake popular with being the best or easiest to use, even with a time machine and unlimited funds i wouldn't touch a PC again with a Microsoft barge-pole.

Last edited by Amigajay; 21 January 2020 at 16:45.

Page generated in 0.04640 seconds with 11 queries