View Single Post
Old 29 January 2004, 09:35   #24
Zone Friend
Originally posted by andyr
What if an all singing, all dancing new Amiga was released tomorrow with brand new hardware and it used an emulator for backwards compatability (in a similar way to how the Playstation 2 runs Playstation 1 games under emulation). Older Amiga software would then be running on different hardware so would your definition of Amiga emulation change then?
Probably not very relevant, but the PS2 doesn't emulate PS1. It has a PS1 inside, as well as the PS2. Like a PS1-on-a-chip. That's why it works so well.

Otherwise, I like the real thing much better than emulation. The emulation doesn't feel like the amiga, no matter what people say to me. But people are different, while somebody like one thing, another dislikes the same thing. For me, it's not all about the software. It's about having the hardware. AmigaOne doesn't tempt me very much, and I think the only way a new Amiga would bring back the old glow, is if it was a customchipped computer. The Amiga had all the advantages of both a computer AND a console. That's what made me fall in love with it.
Page generated in 0.05367 seconds with 9 queries