View Single Post
Old 12 January 2020, 01:04   #5
superfrog

I have successfully booted unmodified Disk Tools versions 7.0, 7.0.1, 7.1, and 7.1.1 (booting from file devices, not from "real floppies.") When they work, they all boot as expected. When they don't, they freeze at one of the four points I mentioned in the list from my original post. I haven't been able to discern much predictability or consistency in how or when a given version fails to boot fully. I've seen it happen more than once where the same version will freeze at one point in the boot process, and then after rebooting the Amiga, the same version will freeze at a different point. Or it will boot successfully on one try, then the next time it freezes.

One thing I have noticed is that I get consistently different results if I make changes to the configuration in the A-Max GUI before starting A-Max, compared to starting in "auto" mode, bypassing the GUI completely. Most of the instances where it froze and then booted the next time around, I made changes in the GUI the first time (usually selecting a different boot volume) and started in "auto" mode the second time.

I haven't tried installing the OS yet; so far I've been focused on just getting the boot disk to boot reliably. Now that I can get it to boot most of the time, I will try doing the install next. I will also try disabling extensions to see if that makes any difference.

Do you have a particular WinUAE configuration or System Software version that has given you consistently good results?

Last edited by superfrog; 12 January 2020 at 11:04.

Page generated in 0.05662 seconds with 11 queries