View Single Post
Old 01 January 2020, 22:08   #7
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgeezer View Post
Every game is crackable, what is important is the quality of the crack.

Two disking a one disk game is a poor quality crack in my opinion. The best protections were always the ones that screwed with the game and eventually made it unplayable. I would therefore use a combination of the two.

For Rygar i left zero space on disk, every bit of it used by the game. If someone were to two disk it with a trainer/intro then i would be the first to rip the piss out of them.
With respect, the likes of Turrican 2 and BC Kid have been 1 disked today has little bearing on the past.

I recently 1 disks Nitro, but that wasn't possible until recently because packer technology has advanced in 20+ years.

For one, the format capacity of Turrican 2 and BC Kid were more than an AmigaDOS disk, hence why when cracked they were both on more than one disk.

What Wanted Team did with Turrican 2 and BC Kid would have been no small effort, taking a couple of days.

No cracker had "days" to crack anything back in the day, because you always assumed another group had access to the game as well, and thus you were working as fast as possible to get the job done and released.

Page generated in 0.04579 seconds with 11 queries