View Single Post
Old 29 December 2019, 01:54   #50
Photon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren McGuire View Post
And why not? I find that having the speakers in the monitor helps with the awful stereo separation the Amiga has. The sounds get blended in the monitor before coming out more balanced.
Any discrete speakers I have used have made the Amiga unbearable to listen to because of the separation. This is why I think the internal speakers are the best option, despite not being of amazing quality.
Because speakers screwed into plastic housings will cause the plastic to shake which (I guarantee) is not the sound that you want.

And because, as I wrote, they are an afterthought. There's only one tiny speaker per channel, and one that has a range of about 500-5000 Hz, no dedicated amp, etc, etc, etc, etc. They're a perfect example of how to not output sound, ever.

In the case of monitor/TV speakers, they will also (after some time) obviously affect the actual picture output so that you get color aberrations from the introduced magnetic field. If you ever turn them on. Removing them reduces some dead weight, so that's what you do. Always.

Page generated in 0.04347 seconds with 11 queries