View Single Post
Old 27 November 2019, 22:11   #88
TCH
Newbie Amiga programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by deimos View Post
But this was one of the key points, you're measuring from outside, I asked you to measure from inside.
I get it, but this part was the answer about your question, if i expect you to write it instead of me.
Quote:
You were triggered, not me:
No. If i would be triggered, then i would be already out of here without a word, because that is better, than unnecessarily engaging in a flamewar. I just wanted to deflect your stabs with jokes. Evidently i failed. Either you did not get the joke, or my jokes sucks. Nobody is perfect.
Quote:
And I remind you, I offered to help by building and running your code "If you don't do Windows, and if your code can run and output two numbers (C vs asm) for valid comparison". But you wouldn't do that.
Now, that is terribly wrong. In this post, i have provided all the sources you needed for that.
Quote:
And then you didn't even provide a makefile (the most basic of courtesies), instead you expected me to find this 'amtime' thing, do some waffley handwavey thing to compile the sources, than modify your code to run the test?
Because you do not need a makefile. You just need to assemble the two 68k files (
vasmm68k_mot ClearBlock32.68k -spaces -Fhunk -o ClearBlock32.o && vasmm68k_mot PolygonBitmapToPlanes32.3.68k -spaces -Fhunk -o PolygonBitmapToPlanes32.3.o
) and then compile the C file together with the object files (
m68k-amigaos-gcc -O2 polygon1.c *.o -o polygon1
). It is true, that i did not said this explicitly, but i thought this was trivial.

As for the 'amtime', i've released it in this topic a few days ago. It was also on coders general, so i thought you've seen it, but i admit, this was not trivial, so i apologize for this mistake.
Quote:
I've not convinced you've even tried to understand.
Wrong. I've tried.
Quote:
I did try to help. Really.
I did try to listen to your arguments. No sarcasm, you've got me wrong. I remind you, that when you told me about splitting concave polygons to convex ones and by that escape the ordering or deduplicating of the horizontal point collector arrays, i immediately admitted, that you are right, because it was obvious, that this way i only have two points per row; it's just that this solution did not occurred in my mind. I told you before, i am convinceable, but you did not tell me any believable reason, about what would cause that vast hiccup. For me currently it seems, that we have C for the constant part, X for aglorithm one, Y for algorithm two and if X + C < Y + C for several times, then X < Y. This is plain math and i've told this to you above, but you ignored it.

So, i tried to cooperate. Really.

Page generated in 0.04526 seconds with 11 queries