View Single Post
Old 28 October 2019, 14:50   #20
blade002
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvctech View Post
Am I correct in reading that his price is $130 for an Amiga recap?

For the same service, I've been charging much less to help out my fellow Aussie Amiga users (my normal professional engineering rate would be unaffordable).

Thanks for the heads-up, it's time to double my prices
After about 3 years trying to find someone to recap my A1200, one of which didn't seem to do it anymore and the other telling me he's on holiday for quite an extensive period of time (can't remember who they were?) I was contacted on my Facebook by the aforementioned that agreed to recap my machine.

I would have paid even about $200 for the service because my A1200 would have cost me a lot more for another or for more extensive work on it since they hardly something you can buy from The Good Guys

It just so happens that I found this thread after my Amiga was recapped otherwise I would have contacted you to do the job because it was getting really hard to find anyone! I am actually from and live in Melbourne but while I was getting married in May I took my Amiga up with me and left it with him then picked it up later.

I think if the job is impeccable people will pay the money, because as I said and as we know, the classic Amiga's are aging and people know it so we need to keep them living

Page generated in 0.04410 seconds with 11 queries