View Single Post
Old 29 September 2019, 20:03   #90
kipper2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamic_Computi View Post
OK - The new video is up for my 10 Minute Amiga Retro Cast channel on the Romulator!

This week on 10 Minute Amiga Retro Cast, I am introducing a brand new product to the Amiga Community! The ROMulator from Kipper2K and Amiga on the Lake will allow you to use almost any Kickstart ROM, including the DiagROM from John "Chucky" Hertell from any Amiga 500, 2000 or 600! Any Kickstart from 1.0 - 3.1.4 including custom ROM's up to 1 MB in size can be stored on an internal SD card and booted from at startup! Please check out this awesome new product available this week from Amiga on the lake!
[ Show youtube player ]
Awesome video Douglas, Thanks very much, as stated there is lots of things that can be explored especially in the area of OS development. I think this is very beneficial to the AROS developers and being able to manipulate libraries inside a Custom ROM image. and even like mentioned placing small games inside a custom ROM (Granted this would be more beneficial with a 2MB RAM version we are exploring .

I will work with AOTL and see about creating a competition for a custom ROM image that could be created for the A500/A600 16 bit image that can load a custom ROM that can contain the ROM file and also a few small games that can be accessed from the rom by keypress combo etc. The ROM could be up to 1MB in size so i think some of the old style arcade games from the Freddie fish catalogue or other games etc could be used via a menu system. I would offer a Romulator to the first person to allow us to do this. (running from the ROM). The person would need to do a small howto on how to "glue it all together" so other people can learn and expand a user library so to speak

Last edited by kipper2k; 29 September 2019 at 20:17.

Page generated in 0.07336 seconds with 11 queries