View Single Post
Old 10 January 2004, 02:08   #41
Originally posted by S. Campbell
[B]Just as a couple of points of order - as anyone can see, I wasn't noticeably abusive in the original thread, just annoyed at someone charging (quite a lot of) money for an obvious and poor-quality ripoff of our game without so much as a credit for it. It's not a "little bit" similar to SWOS, it's almost identical. I didn't threaten anyone with anything, merely expressed entirely legitimate anger on behalf of me and the other Sensi chaps, who also strongly resent this sort of thing.
Just like Football Glory, Man Utd, and so many games that were similar to Sensible Soccer. They were all sold in the shops quite expensive back then and they were released by companies that made a lot of money. None of them mentioned that their games were similar to Kick Off 2, sorry I meant Sensible Soccer...

I didn't mention Kick Off or Dino Dini in any way whatsoever. Dino and his tiny gang of simpering Euro-fanboys took it upon themselves to barge into the thread and gratuitously bitch at me on the subject. I haven't written anything about Kick Off anywhere for about nine years, and actually only ever mentioned it in AP four or five times, in three years on the mag.
All I could see back then in AP was comments like "Sensible Soccer is the best Amiga game ever". Now, how come this be subjective when the guy who wrote this is a Sensible Software member? Also, all I could see was a constant attack (ignorance?) about the Sensible Soccer alternatives. Fact is that when you have a strong position, an editorial position in a mag in the pre-internet era, you do not use it as a privilege to abuse others. How would you react if an online mag comes up and say "SWOS is shit because Stuart Campbell was Development Director (or whatever)"? Even worse, how would you feel if you couldn't reply to such statements?

As for taking the beef about Championship Soccer up with the developer personally, his contact page SPECIFICALLY asks people to post things on the forum rather than emailing them directly to him. If you're going to whine at me, at least check your facts first.
C'mon, you can't be serious, right? What if the site was stating "If you want to contact me, take the plane and come to Germany"... This is an issue that you have to judge how important can be and take appropriate actions...

Kick Off is an ancient relic of history which only a tiny handful of obsessives still care about. It was shit 15 years ago and it's shit now. Dino is a paranoid idiot who really ought to have grown out of this sort of juvenile pouting about ONE PERSON not liking his game by now, and who really ought to wake up and smell the fact that nobody's interested in his rubbish pinball simulation any more, as is comprehensively shown by the spectacularly atrocious sales of the 20 or so different failed Kick Off-derived games released since 1989. Amiga, Spectrum, Playstation, PC, they've tried every audience out there and none of them are interested. Its time has long since passed.
As I said to you to my email, I bet you were crap in KO2 and never tried to improve in this game. Kick Off was revolutionary and IS THE BASE ON WHICH SENSIBLE SOCCER WAS STARTED and you were not even there. As for the tiny handful of obsessives you mentioned, how about our community with 1300 members? Did you visit our site to see what we mean? 15 years later, on-line Amiga mags are interested in this site, this community, the game and out tournaments. 15 years later we managed to get every single version of the game available to redistribute with the bless of Anco. Anco even released KO2002, a tribute game to KO2, with the help of the Kick Off community. And I am one of the obsessives who are trying to get this game converted to Morphos/AmigaOS, but with people like you out there, I wonder if these efforts should continue, or I should just say "It was shit, it is shit, so f*ck them"...

And as for the odd cuss-word among adult men - honestly, grow the fuck up, you lily-livered fucking pussies.

Love you all!
Thanks a lot. This man was once editor of AP. What an attitude, what an attitude.
AdSense AdSense  
Page generated in 0.05972 seconds with 9 queries