View Single Post
Old 17 September 2019, 08:34   #105
no9

This post is from 2011 so watch out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8bitbubsy View Post
I am glad to announce that I have finally fixed the annoying .. what should I call it... "Paula sample swap delay" bug?
This is NOT the same as the well known "swap sample on the fly" PT1.x phenomena.

- This only applies to a "new sample number" - e.g. a sample number that is different from the previous one. -
Sample 5 must finish playing (or reach its loop end) before Paula sets its new sample pointer/loop points to sample 0F! If the sample is still playing while it hits 0F, the 0F will be triggered when 05 is done. However, it will instantly set the sample volume to 0F's sample volume, so this only applies to loop points and the sample data pointer.
If you put a note number in front of 0F, it will of course trigger instantly (unless you put 3xx/5xx there too, then the exact same rule apply).

This is a very special bug, and I guess I am amongst the very few people to be aware of it. Several MOD songs are affected.
Right. I discovered it in late '90ties and applied it once as an experiment in this mod https://modarchive.org/index.php?req...id&query=98944

It interleaves sample numbers 11 and 12 in song but the latter one is there only for setting volume. Before sample 12 is reached, 11 is set again so 12 is never played but contributes to sample 11s volume.

Page generated in 0.04291 seconds with 11 queries