View Single Post
Old 31 August 2019, 13:58   #550
Cherno

I always had mixed feelings about this piece of art. It's certainly painted to a high standard and ver ynamic, with him bursting into the foreground shotting the gun and all. But there are some problems with it. First of all, what's up with the weird chin/mouth area? This man has the squarest jaw of all manly men in the universe! The convex area between his lower lips and jawline is so deep, I bet he could fit a whole spare magazine of ammo for his gun in there. When not quite looking at this area in particular, I always tend to oversee the clenched, bared teeth and instead see an overly large, toothless laugh.
Then there's the pig-nosed helmet, surely this is unceccessary from a design point of view?
The gun is also somewhat strange. The scope or sight thingy on top looks far more detailed than the surroundings and draws the eye of the beholder. It looks very cool, though! Also, whys does he hold the gun in that way? One hand gripping it's butt, is this like a thermos bottle with no real trigger or even grip?

Page generated in 0.04373 seconds with 11 queries