View Single Post
Old 21 July 2019, 10:54   #1
piXelMECH

Problems with CD32 emulation in WinUAE

I've got problems with CD32 emulation with some games that runned perfectly on my old system (except Diggers & Oscar - there's is the rectangle missing to select game since 2 years).

The games I've tested are Diggers & Oscar, Disposable Hero, Microcosm and Diggers NTSC and the only one running perfectly is Microcosm but I only got problems with CD32 emulation. A500/1200/4000 running fine.

My new System I've build is a Ryzen 2700X, ASUS Prime X-470 Pro mainboard, SAMSUNG Evo 970 Pro NVME SSD, 16 GB (2x 8) G.Skill X-Flare RAM for AMD CL16... Still using my AMD Asus Strix RX 480 8 GB OC GPU, my be quiet! 680 W Straight Power 680W PSU and my Seagte Barracude 4 TB and 2 TB HDD's… OS is Win 10 x64 1809, all running with latest drivers (except GPU, there I'm using the may drivers) and updates.

WinUAE is running as x64, version is 4.1.0 (2018.12.05).

While the games are runned perfectly with this Version of WinUAE @ my Phenom II x6 and the same Version of Win 10, I'm expecting now the following problems:

Diggers NTSC: when I load the *.cue, there's only music, but no GFX. Of Course when I loed the *.iso, there's GFX, but no music.
Disposable Hero PAL (*.cue): hangs on the CD32 boot screen (the Spinning "CD"-logo stops to spin and hangs and it doesn't continue to load)

But Microcosm PAL (*.cue) runs perfectly.

My emu settings for CD32 are as follows:

CPU: 68020, Approximate A500/A1200 or cycle exact, checked 24bit addressing, CPU Frequency 4x (A1200)

Chipset: AGA, Cycle-exact (Full) & Cycle-exact (DMA/Memory access) checked, Chipset extra: Custom, Keyboard connected & Wait for Blitter checked

Advanced Chipset: None Battery Backed Up Real Time Clock checked, Power Supply 50 Hz checked, Chipset Features: CIA Rom Overlay, DF0: ID Hardware, CD32 CD, CD32 C2P, CD32 NVRAM, Rom Mirror (AB) checked

ROM: Main ROM file: Amiga Kickstart 3.1 (40.060) (CD32)....rom, Extended ROM file: CD32 Extended-ROM r40.60....rom (I've Always used these CD32 ROM-filesand they're working perfectly, so they can't be the problem. With "no CD inserted" the CD32-emu boots perfectly and I can access all CD32-functions: CD32 savegames, audio CD player.)

RAM: 2 MB Chip

CD & Hard drives: I've Always select and selected my CD32 Images via the "Select Image file"-button there.

Display: Generic PnP Monitor (1920*1080) * selected, Fullscreen 800x600@32bpp, 50Hz PAL, Triple buffering, Standard VSync, Blacker than black, Filtered low Resolution, VGA mode resolution autoswitsch checked, Resolution: Hires (normal), Resolution autoswitch: Disabled, Refresh set to PAL in dropdown, FPS adj.: fixed to 50.000000 and checked, Centering Horizontal and Vertical checked, Line mode Double checked, Interlaced line mode Double, fields checked

Sound: WASAPI: Default Audio Device selected, Enabled & Automatic switching checked, Volume Master 100%, Paula in dropdown slected, also set to 100%, Sound Buffer Size 8, Settings: 5.1 Channels, Stereo seperation 70%, Interpolation: Anti, Frequencey: 48000, Audio filter: Emulated (A1200), Floppy Drive Sound Emulation: everything at 0%/No sound, Drivers: Direct Sound & WASAPI checked

For the rest of the settings I've only configured one of my XBOX One pads as input, as always. No Output and no Filters and nothing else are set.

It would be nice if someone could help me. Thanks in advance

Last edited by piXelMECH; 21 July 2019 at 11:04.

Page generated in 0.05924 seconds with 11 queries