View Single Post
Old 05 June 2019, 08:46   #79
buzzybee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puggsy View Post
How is being part of a magazine being in any way connected to the cracking scene?
And if you are whining about a cracker not : asking you for permission" to train your game it really doesn't seem like you understand it.
We were pretty aware how important the scene is for Amiga community, long before a community was even called like that. In Amiga Joker we wrote about scene stuff in every issue. I for example did two page demo reviews for about four years. Believe me, I know the scene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puggsy View Post
Big ups on your work on your game but you're sorely mistaken on this point. Would you also require "permission" for a WHDLoad install maker to make an install for your game????
No install needed for RESHOOT R, because installer is on board - even though even this is not really needed, since you can simply copy the folder to any device.

And yes, I´d appreciate a note from the creator if a WHDinstall is created. As you seemingly have a hard time to appreciate me asking for communication, I am happy to tell you why I find it important: Because WHDInstall is great, and trainer might be useful for some people. I deeply appreciate very skilled people taking the time to dive into my code, analyse it and develop a trainer. This is something which only very few people can do.

But what if someone not only adds infinite powerups, but also exchanges the Tars enemys with jewish symbols, and replaces the ingame dialogue with Nazi parole? I know this sounds like a rather ill comparison, but please let that sink in for a moment and think for a moment ... and yes, these things have happened before! So, where to draw the line? I simply think, that any creator of art (game, pixels, music, photos, whatever) has the damn right to know what happens with his creative output. Just my two cents. Got nothing else to add.

Last edited by buzzybee; 05 June 2019 at 08:54.

Page generated in 0.04958 seconds with 11 queries