Thread: X86 Discussion
View Single Post
Old 29 May 2019, 19:32   #227
Viceroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen M View Post
1. Nice socket A board but its just a bit lacking on expansion slots. A good competitor to the P4 windows 98/XP builds though. I'd value it at about £30 - £40. If you want there is £30 sitting here waiting for you as it'd make an interesting build for my youtube channel when most just revolve around P4 98/XP builds this would be something a bit different.

2. The Intel equivalent to the above, slightly faster CPU and a few more expansion slots. I'd value it similar at about £30-£40

3 and 5. For me these core 2 duo setups are more or less worthless. Too modern for a 98 build and too old for anything modern. The entire mid 00s of computer hardware still isn't old enough to make it retro. Yeah you could build a nice XP rig with it but I always prefer to use the period correct hardware and push that for best performance. Value for each of these maybe £20 - £30.

4. Now this is the diamond in the rough. A beautiful board with AGP, PCI and a single ISA slot. Its crying out for a windows 98 build with a nice ISA sound card for DOS support and a Geforce GPU. Value for this one is hard to judge. Sold as a bundle for value I'd guess in or around £50 - £80.

Take all my valuations with a pinch of salt though. PC retro hardware isn't like Amiga as while there is the following for it there is a lot more hardware to go around. Like anything retro its all about perspective so to some all this hardware is worthless where as to some its priceless. If I owned that Pentium 3 board I'd not give it up for love nor money. Likewise if I had those core 2 duo boards I'd probably just give them away or take them to the bin as for me they are worthless.

If you have any expansion cards going in particular sound or video cards let us know. Some of these are worth a lot more money. Voodoo cards are particularly valuable and if you had a Geforce 256 DDR I'd probably sell some body parts to get it. Certain ISA sound cards hold a massive amount of value too.
I have just noticed you were interested in the Asrock K7541GX - Athlon XP 3000+ 2 x 512 MB 133 (DDR 266) GlenM, do you still want it?

Page generated in 0.07861 seconds with 10 queries