View Single Post
Old 14 April 2019, 01:49   #92
emiespo

Quote:
Originally Posted by wairnair View Post
thanks. no luck with ALL caches disabled either. I tried with and without 680x0 libs too. I double checked with sysinfo and AIBB that all caches were off.
I'll just let akiko c2p go, I know there's almost nothing in it.

what's interesting is I get graphics artifacts no matter which c2p routine I use.. ehh.
Let me recap: I had the same issues with the TF330 and the latest V2 firmware (you see a V2 if you go to the Amiga early boot menu). For some reason Akiko stops working or is not detected.

With the V1 firmware (the slightly slower one) Akiko works, including all softwares that make use of it.

You only need to install the MMU libraries (that simply make Akiko accesses non-cacheable) or "cpu nodatacache", but, again this only works with the TF330 V1 firmware.

I am waiting for TF to do some tests with these games, it will take some time, but I am pretty sure he'll find a fix for this weird issue. Akiko *does work* as the CD drive works with both firmwares for me, it's only the C2P bit that is not working.

Anyway, the Akiko C2P is either slightly faster (DoomAttack) or noticeably slower (Wing Commander) than the CPU only C2P...

As for your flickering issue, you should run DoomAttack in double-buffer, and che C2P_020_optimized will give good results with the TF330 V2.

EDIT: just remove the -nodoublebuffer option from DoomAttack command line. That option only really works with Akiko, and gives a small speed increase (~0.5 FPS for me).

Page generated in 0.05017 seconds with 10 queries