View Single Post
Old 20 March 2019, 11:25   #1113
bebbo
bye

[QUOTE=Amiga68k;1312071]bebbo, I followed your guide at this url. I didn't build the toolchain myself, but used your installer.

After creating the helloworld project, I received the error messages that g++ and gcc are not in the PATH...

I did two things:
- Added the location where the bin folder is to the PATH environment variable in Windows system settings
- Renamed m68k-amigaos-g++.exe and m68k-amigaos-gcc.exe to respectively g++.exe and gcc.exe
[/code]

I guess you skipped the step to enter the Cross Compiler Prefix and the Cross Compiler Path
* prefix is "m68k-amigaos-" and
* the path to the bin folder (e.g. "/opt/amiga/bin") depends on your installation

please undo the rename.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amiga68k View Post
The above steps make the error messages go away, but this can't be the idea behind it, can it?

Where you are stating /opt/amiga/bin in the guide, I assume you mean the 'amiga-gcc/bin' directory that your toolchain creates, right?

*EDIT: next error when rebuilding the project after change of settings as mentioned in the guide:
Code:
Program "make" not found in PATH
Went to the directory where your toolchain is installed and there is a file called _make.exe...

Am I missing an important additional step that is not mentioned in the guide? Should I have an installed cygwin environment that might add all these things to the PATH?

*EDIT2: the problems with make are gone after running the cmdline.bat file
ah, yes - running the cmdline.bat is mandatory for now... since that script creates the make.exe wrapper for windows.

Page generated in 0.04387 seconds with 11 queries