View Single Post
Old 21 February 2019, 16:32   #1
Tavis

I Need a Kickstart Disk

Hi.

I just acquired an A1000 from a friend and surprisingly it appears to be working after sitting in a garage for 30 years. But out of the pile of disks I got, there is no Kickstart disk and that’s what it’s asking for. I never had an Amiga so I am a total newb but I’m anxious to learn all about it. I was a poor kid with 8-bits back then but now I have my chance!

I’ve been poking around the internet for possible solutions like an SD card floppy emulator or some PC to Serial Port transfer tools and they all seem to not be able to help me out since the A1000 must have a kickstart disk to bootstrap me.

I’m pretty amazed how hard this is. I searched all over the internet to purchase one but no luck except for one that was available for sale on eBay but he is in the UK. I bought it anyway but it won’t be here for over a month.

I was wondering if anyone in the USA would be willing to burn and send me one?! I’m really anxious to see if I can get this thing to do more than stare at me with a hand holding a floppy on the screen!

If anyone is up for it I’ll pay you for the disk, time, and shipping.

Thanks!

-Tavis

Page generated in 0.06192 seconds with 10 queries