View Single Post
Old 05 January 2019, 02:59   #4
grelbfarlk

Quote:
Originally Posted by reflex View Post
ahhhh i forgot to say that I have a SpiderII too!!!!

Anyway I was thinking about this power supply: EVGA 500 B1, 80+ BRONZE 500W

here there is an amazon Link.

https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B01...PNWYJU7H&psc=1

Anyway, how can it draws only 95watts if my 400 watts power supply seems not to be enough?
I have to use a lot of molex splitters to give power to all the devices but I don't think that this could be the problem!

If you're like me and using Molex splitters of unknown origins, some of which might be 20+ years old, the mating surfaces are likely dirty and oxidized, which maybe you can take apart and clean, sometimes that helps. But your old OEM power supply likely does not have a stable 5V supply, as most of that load is on it (the 5V rail).

It can be for a variety of reasons. If the behavior changes somewhat just by unplugging all of your cables and plugging them back in different places that's sort of a hint that it's connectors.

Power supplies especially cheap no-name ones don't have an unlimited life, like original A4000 Power supplies or the motherboard itself capacitors generally have a finite life and start to fail either by leaking, bulging or drying out.

I can't recommend that particular EVGA power supply, your best bet is looking what other heavily loaded A4000 users are using. Make sure it has at least 20A rating on 5V, and generally has active PFC. Other than that I can't tell you one is better than another, many ATX power supplies can be rated for 750W yet have a very weak 5V rail when only loaded at 10%.

Page generated in 0.05171 seconds with 11 queries