View Single Post
Old 26 December 2018, 22:56   #198
mahen

OMG ! I finally managed to get FS-UAE to display at 50 Hz, just by hooking my GPU (Radeon) directly to my projector -- I couldn't choose the 50 Hz frequency when it was going through my HDMI amplifier.

Butter smooth scrollings + great shaders = great !
(for some reason, I have to use the portable FS-UAE to prevent a Python error, and the xbrz3x-crt-hyllian which used to work cannot compile anymore, strange)

Last issue : how to reduce input latency. Which is significant. Not huge but still annoying.

1) I'll now check if I can use an NVIDIA card instead, with force compositing pîpeline and vsync off, dunno if that will work along with the 50 Hz mode
2) hmm, you all read this I guess : https://www.blurbusters.com/blur-bus...or-developers/
which was implemented this year under WinUAE. I wonder if it could be backported to FS-UAE. Then it would be a dream come true.

Edit : I've just tried the latest WinUAE + Beamraced VSync in 50 Hz under WINE. It even automatically switches my display to 50 Hz ! Seems to work very well !! BUT there are 2 big issues : - pixel shaders don't work - my gamepad is listed but doesn't work

Edit 2 : works also with NVIDIA cards. Input lag is not better (even when using force composition pipeline + disabling vsync in UAE).
Edit 3 : ah, the xbrz3x-crt-hyllian shader compiles with the nvidia drivers and not MESA (radeon)

Edit 4 : is it possible (apart from using a script) to ask FS-UAE to automatically switch back and forth 50 Hz ?

Ok, just have to get the best of UF-UAE and WinUAE to work and it'll be absolutely perfect. Maybe 2019 will be the year I don't need a FPGA Amiga anymore !
cheers

Last edited by mahen; 27 December 2018 at 00:34.

Page generated in 0.04708 seconds with 11 queries