View Single Post
Old 13 December 2018, 04:47   #13
grelbfarlk

Yeah this also helped with the Broken Sword intro. Right before the pan away from the mountain in the COMI intro it had this pause which went away with that change.

I converted over to the AmigaOS3-FS stuff but it doesn't seem to be helping much. The main thing my crappy version does that is so annoying is that when playing COMI (for those that can), there is a random pause in the game, sometimes in the middle of speech, but music keeps playing perfectly, and it will pause for 1-2 seconds, just long enough to be annoying.
Though this doesn't happen with Broken Sword, that seems pretty much perfect. I'm guessing the sdl sound engine, but really that's just a guess. It could be an input problem of some kind I notice if I leave it idle for 30 seconds then move the mouse it freezes then too. Seems like it might be related to mouse-overing things but I'm really not sure. Then again, maybe it's video, or anything else I forgot, em, timer?

Other games I've tried all the rest of them low res, seem to be fine, some worth with MT-32 emulation without stuttering, some stutter a bit.

Page generated in 0.04209 seconds with 11 queries