View Single Post
Old 22 November 2018, 21:43   #7
Daedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master484 View Post
Maybe not, but I have always used MS Paint for almost all gfx work, and so I just stubbornly continue using it.
Well, fair enough!

Quote:
I have checked many OCS game screenshots, opening them on Paint and checking the RGB values of different colors, and the values have always been those that are in that list.
Interesting... It would be of interest to see the values in the raw assets, rather than a screenshot from an emulator. But that seems strange as it's not how the OCS chipset really worked.

Quote:
But I quickly checked some binary values from that list, and for example OCS value 4 in binary is 0100 and the corresponding RGB value of 68 is 0100 0100. And OCS value 9 is 1001 in binary and corresponding RGB value 153 is 1001 1001. And OCS value 14 is 1110 and the corresponding RGB value 238 is 1110 1110. So everything seems to be right, although I might be wrong of course.
Yeah, it's a recommendation in the RKRMs for using 4-bit colour, that you fill the redundant bits with a copy of the relevant 4 bits to assure compatibility with both OCS and AGA chipsets, which is where that table of numbers came from. But converting the other way is a little different.

Page generated in 0.04473 seconds with 11 queries