View Single Post
Old 05 November 2018, 20:53   #313
mcgeezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by van_dammesque View Post
Which ones? Big Rhino (horiz) or the bosses (vertical)? I imagine that level 13 would be tough, no not the parchment 1 mill bonus, the riding big rhinos multiples of them!

I am also interested in the gameplay aspect: the delicate twitch of the vertical (power up no.5) and long range (power up no.1) to extend vertical hits, have you thought about it yet?

Also I always was disappointed with AGA as it seems it was only a colour increase over every other specs.

EDIT: Sorry to be pedantic, but I am sure you will appreciate this, which arcade version will you mimic? Apparently the Japanese version has more stars, where the US version has more bonuses and explosions. This info is via MAME.

EDIT 2: Do you have a strategy for the "Ribena man", the big ghoul after time out? Some conversions have him going straight but I have seen an arcade clip where he can be dodged almost indefinitely. IMO it would be good if this exploit could be [ Show youtube player ]quashed.

If you have a look at this post you'll see what I perceive to be difficult/easy etc.

http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...7&postcount=24

I haven't thought about the Ribena man, at the moment I'm purely concentrating on getting the engine up and running with minimal bugs.

After I do the sprite clipping I'll do the Rygar -> Object interations... then I can move on to the enemies of the first level.

There's a particular enemy where the arms stretch out across the screen... I havent figured that one out in my mind yet of how I will do it.

The version I'm working to is Rygar US Set 1.

There's still loads to do in the game, I doubt I'm even half way there yet - it's quite a mammoth under taking.

Edit: I have all the power-ups in hand... the way I've done it that I can create any animation I like using the disk armour.

Page generated in 0.04315 seconds with 11 queries