View Single Post
Old 02 November 2003, 00:33   #28
Send a message via ICQ to Unknown_K
Originally posted by Severin
What I can't tell you is nothing to do with what software will run, or even the general public, it's about different markets, and some deals being made...

Most of it's not 'top secret, hush, hush' stuff, it's just that with the amount of crap flying around certain forums and the amount of 'twisting' of any info they get their hands on, the upcoming court case etc., that decisions have been made not to release any news until the public launch.

Go and read CAM, or recent TAM issues, visit

It seems to me that this forum has changed alot of the year I've been here, early on there was alot of 'proper' amiga users, doing all sorts of things, but recently it seems to be mostly UAE gamers who havn't got a clue what they want in a new amiga or even if they do want one, apart from the fact that it's got to be 100% AGA compatible and play all the old miggy games perfectly but also have all the latest pc games ported to it...

It could be time to wander off into the outback of the net and find somewhere not so games orientated
Getting into different markets is a step in the correct direction.

There are a few people here who use the amiga for non game programs, I am not one of them. I also dont use UAE, I play the original games on the original hardware as they were meant to be played.

If your wondering if I am going to buy OS 4 with new amiga hardware I have to say that unless there is a compelling application that I cant get on the platforms I do have then no I wont. I am sure a few people here will get one just to say they have one, but this wont keep a platform alive.

Porting PC games to any platform is the kiss of death. A few companies tried to port FPS games and other types to the linux platform but nobody wants to play PC ports 6 months to a year after they have them on a PC. You have to provide new content to make any money. If a new style of game i like was made for amiga OS 4 only then I would think about getting the new amiga platform. I dont think I would spend $1500+ for a new platform that just emulates the old A1200 since I already have that and its cheap.

I dont think wondering off to a non games oriented forum will help you much since its just limiting your focus group. Besides a few diehard video toaster users and the old retro gaming people who actually uses the real amiga hardware anymore anyway? A platform cant be launched in a vacuum. Keeping things hush hush just lets rumours run wild or worse kills any interest in the project before its done.

Anyway I wish the amiga OS and platform luck, since I like choices.
Page generated in 0.05326 seconds with 9 queries