View Single Post
Old 17 October 2018, 20:37   #18
desiv

I keep trying to come up with a "simpler" solution, but I'm not coming up with one.
I think the issues hinge on the changes between the OS 3.1 and 3.1.4 installs.
You will need to understand the differences. (I don't)
They are different enough that I am sure a "simple" install script change won't work. (I've already tweaked the install script to just accept the new disk names in place of the 3.1 and that doesn't work.)
I'm also thinking that what someone would need to do is create a clean OS 3.1 and also a clean OS 3.1.4 and do a DIFF to see what is different (filenames/versions, paths, assigns, etc).
IF they are actually fairly similar, then a change to the current ClassicWB install script might still work...
You'd have to make sure that you tweak the script to get the right files from the right disks. You also might have to copy extra files if ClassicWB leaves some 3.1 files in it's archive. (I'm not sure if ClassicWB strips out ALL the Commodore files, or just some/most. It would be easier to fix if it was all.) Also, you need to check for files that OS 3.1.4 might install that OS 3.1 didn't. Something totally new. Those might not be in the script at all (Depends on how generic the command is "copy df0:c#?" for example).

Page generated in 0.04221 seconds with 10 queries