View Single Post
Old 03 October 2018, 19:26   #40
Marle
Pixel Vixen

I backed this and my reasons are quite simple - I adore my A600, and love using it again. That's staying in its case.

What I am doing is gradually picking up the pieces to put an A500 or 500+ motherboard into my case, and eventually an accelerator, something like a HC533 or maybe the ACA 030 depending on price. The idea is that in 2001 I sold my Amiga 3000 for a pitiful £150, I think it even had a few expansions in it like a Zorro II RAM card, KS 3.1, but regardless an 030/25+882 A3000 with its keyboard and mouse for £150.

I've regretted it ever since. So I'm just basically going to build myself a sort of A3000 on the cheap, as I have no desire for graphics cards or other things, just would like to eventually have something that works a bit like the gorgeous A3000 I used to have back in the day.

Although I can still see myself using the A600 more because it's compact and I can leave it set up longer whereas this will be more of a set it up for a day or so and then put away again

I still have all the A3000 paper inserts (the Quick Connect), 2.04 boot disks, and Amiga Vision + its binder manual in the loft so some remnants of that gorgeous machine are still in my possession

I know it's not really an A3000 as it may end up lacking an FPU, and won't be 32bit chip RAM access, but hey, I'm not here for running Pagestream at fast speeds, just the old apps

Page generated in 0.04355 seconds with 11 queries