View Single Post
Old 30 September 2018, 19:55   #3
project23
Used Register

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signman View Post
How will the case even close with that set up?
Yeah you'd have to have a re-locator perhaps even taking it out of the side-slot, i dunno. The AwesomeInferno re-locator used for the 530 obviously wouldn't be enough.

Is it opensource? The only Amiga hardware work that excites me these days is opensource hardware. These machines (The Amiga's themselves) are not able to be used on a commercial level and haven't for some time. They are hobbyist machines, and the likes of Stephen (TerribleFire) and others whose names allude me (i think theres an opensource Z2 graphics card?) have the right idea.

But hey, everyone has their own opinion and that's fine. Personally the fact that I wasted a hundred pounds on a card I can't repair because I can't get hold of the gerber files to re-print a blank PCB is not the way we should be going.

Even if the cards are opensource, people can offer to build them up and sell them for a profit. And people will buy them. Sure, nobody is building TF530's right now, but I believe thats because the market would be small owing to the low amount of fastram. When the 534 is ready I wouldn't be surprised to see people building them up and selling them for profit.

John

Page generated in 0.04296 seconds with 11 queries