View Single Post
Old 20 September 2018, 12:02   #472
amiga_amigo

Toni - I've uploaded a zip-file "A2386sx_findings.zip" with screenshots, a bootdisk and my config to the zone.

Quote:
Attach screenshots.
There are two screenshots in the zip-file to show the scanline issue i described.
"Scanlines1.png" is right after hitting the start button in the WinUAE GUI. It's the moment the amiga starts booting workbench from hardfile just before the bridgeboard emulation window appears.
"Scanlines2.png" is a few seconds later, amiga still booting to workbench. Second window on the righthand side shows pc bios prompt before memory is counted. Scanlines in the amiga window have disappeared.

Quote:
Attach HDF or dos floppy that has this configuration. (But I got report that EMM does work..). Make sure RAM size is not too large, chipset has some addressing limits. Try max 4M to be sure.
The zip contains a DOS6.22 bootdisk "EMM_Test.img". On this disk image the config.sys contains only the EMM.sys call as described in the A2386sx brigdeboard users guide. EMM.sys is copied from CBM-PCJanus.zip from Amiga Hardware Database.
Booting from this disk gives me "Invalid hardware for memory manager".
8MB or 4MB bridgeboard memory makes no difference.

Quote:
Read the bridgeboard manual. PC END = Amiga numpad 1.
I've done so and i knew this. I had configured and saved bios settings on emulation start. There the esc- and end-keys were working, but not so trying bbsetup.
I tested again and... bbsetup.com works from the attached bootdisk! So the esc-key and end-key (==Numpad1) not working issue i had must be due to my dos keyboard driver (using a german qwertz keyboard layout).
Need to investigate further, so sorry for the false alarm.

Thanks for your patience,

Michael

Page generated in 0.05456 seconds with 12 queries