View Single Post
Old 10 September 2018, 04:40   #39
Pheonix

OK, maybe it would be best if I went through the steps I followed in setting up...

I used the installer on the disk, accepting the default except main location (put it in an emulators drawer on my apps HDD.) I don't have a real mac, but I do have some ROMs (Quadra 900) which I plan to use the Emplant to dump later. For now I just found one on the web. I put that in the ROM Images directory. I stopped at this point for a reboot, but just powered down instead.

I'm going to skip testing on my Emplant card, as the bad chip makes anything done with that questionable at best. I never tested it "inside" Fusion, as I could never get it to be detected. The chip I ordered should be here by Tuesday, and I'll do more testing with it then, I hope. I'm also seriously looking into what sort of RAM chips it needs, as well as where I can get the Autoboot ROM that socket is currently empty.

I attached a 2 GB drive to my SCSI card (I only have a 2G & a 16G HDD available to me right now,) set up as device 1 (the Amiga HDD - 34 GB - is device 2 and the DVD-ROM is device 3.) Booted up my A4000 and opened HDToolBox to insure the new HDD was detected & present (also to make sure I had set the device number correctly.) I did not, at this time, install or partition the drive.

Opened up Fusion, set the RAM to 64 MB. Binary value, and it won't let me segregate the RAM. I have 128 MB on my CPU card & 16 MB on the MB. But 7 MB is used from the 128 MB, so I can't max out the RAM for the MAC emulation - oh well.

Set the Video to amirefresh. A brief pause here from WinUAE memory, to change overscan to 640x480 (I hated the scrolling MAC desktop.)

Set Internal Floppy 0 to DF1 (my HD drive,) and exclusive, and Floppy 1 to not used.

Selected the mentioned ROM image.

Set CD-Rom to cybscsi.device device 3 and SCSI Unit 0 to emulated, buffered, cybscsi.device device 1.

Set Machine to Quadra 900.

Saved the config, put the MAC OS 7.5.3 CD in the drive & started the emulation. It booted just fine Clicked on Disk Tools the Apple HD SC Setup. No detectable drives. Clicked "shut down" on the menu.

Went back into HDToolBox & "Installed" the drive, but left it unpartitioned. Same thing. Created an Amiga partition, but didn't mount it. Same. A Unix partition. Same. Changed the block size from 1024 to 512 (read that MACs only work with 512 block sizes,) for both. Same both times. Installed the CrossMAC file system on the drive and partitioned it as a MAC drive. Again, same thing. gave up and just partitioned it as an amiga drive & mounted it.

Now, I'm back in with a system drive & booted to the OS 7.5.3 CD. Used the installer on the CD, selecting "Custom" install and the "any MAC" system files leaving the "this MAC" boxes un-checked. Went through and clicked everything else except the Mobility, Printer, & Network options. Finished, and did a "restart" to boot the the HDD instead of the CD. It ended up rebooting my entire Amiga.

Loaded Fusion back up again, and it booted just fine. Opened up the CD-Rom and went to Disk Images and clicked on Disk Copy 4.0.3 - "Will not run on this machine".

"Shut Down" and used CrossMAC to format a HD MAC disk. Started fusion again, only when the control panel appeared it just locked up. LAmiga-N didn't do anything, the mouse wouldn't move, nothing. Rebooted the system manually.

Back into MAC emulation. Inserted the disk, it appeared on the desktop. Yay Clicked on Disk Copy again, and the same message.

Just to note. I forgot to mention I tried it with RAM set to Normal/Normal & no MMU with the same results both times. I'd also like to note that a 2G HDD takes "forever" to initialize with 7.5.3....

Its at this point that I've stopped testing for now. In emulation, when I enabled an RTG card, just for fun, the restart issue didn't occur. I cannot test that on my real HW without tearing apart my A2000 for its Picasso II card. I plan to get a Picasso IV or Cybervision 64/3D card for the 4000 some day, though. Also, the reset issue I'm having with my real HW didn't occur in emulation. I'm going to have to check into maybe I have a bad Fusion install. I really want to buy one... Especially the CD I've given up on on Amibay (been too long with no response.)

Page generated in 0.05190 seconds with 11 queries