View Single Post
Old 08 September 2018, 20:23   #17
jbenam
Italian Amiga Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by VresiBerba View Post
I... really, truly appreciate that people take time to try and help and answer, but please, at least read the OP before answering.
As for me, I was just answering your thread title by recalling my own experiences. If it was called "help how do I repair my drive" I probably wouldn't have replied with that post
Quote:
Originally Posted by VresiBerba View Post
Thats's the thing; for me, that does nothing. I'll try and clean another drive to see if that does anything, but I'm quickly running out of ideas. I have dabbled with Amigas for pretty much exactly 33 years and I've seen drives come and go, but not once have I managed to irreparably ruin three within 10 minutes, regardless of how the disks look. I've had disks with sand in them that didn't damage the drive, I've spilt cola in some that prevented it from even rotate, the drive choked but resumed operations right after and I've had 'El Condor Pasa' play for hours without killing the drive.

This is ridiculous.
Well yeah, this looks pretty weird, but I'm sure I've at least killed one PC drive with some weird disk. And yeah, I always try with IPA before chucking them out, so it's not like it always helps in 100 of the cases.

Looks like one of the disks might have disaligned the heads in all three drives, as amugasith suggests.

Page generated in 0.08154 seconds with 11 queries