View Single Post
Old 08 September 2018, 01:47   #36
JimDrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheonix View Post
A few issues with Fusion, that I'm assuming are emulator related, and hopefully work right on my physical system:

1) Could not get any OS to detect the drive when I used the direct SCSI connect instead of mounting the partition in the Amiga's OS. Could not get the Emplant SCSI to detect even in the Amiga OS (empscsi.device.) So, I'm not counting that. When I'm ready to test on my physical system, I can give this further testing.
Just like any other SCSI controller, you need to setup the hard drive using the appropriate SCSI tool. You can use HDToolBox with empscsi.device

Quote:
2) Could not get any version of Disk Copy (4.02, 6.0, or 6.3.3 - the only ones I could find,) to write back to floppy images. Again, may be emulator related and not Fusion.
DiskCopy works fine. Make sure you are selecting the drive in the setup menu. Remember that you can't read or write real Mac disks in Amiga drives (they are not compatible). You can read/write in EMPLANT of AMAX formats, or Mac format if you have my AMIA device and a real Mac drive.

Quote:
3) OS 7.5 caused the HDD (both hardfile & partition,) to become corrupted after a couple of boots. This could be Fusion related, emulator related, or just plain MAC OS 7.5 related. OS 7.5.3 & 7.5.5 didn't have this problem.

Again, all of that could be because I was testing in WinUAE and may not exist on my physical HW. Will find out if I test it there, which is very likely unless ShapeShifter just wow's the total crap out of me.

Just like a real Mac, you MUST install the system software specifically for the Mac model (FUSION) you are using. You can NOT ever share hardfiles between FUSION and Shapeshifter - no matter what anyone tells you.

Page generated in 0.04212 seconds with 11 queries