View Single Post
Old 05 September 2018, 05:37   #11
Dynamic_Computi
10MARC

So I got my RapidRoad today and all my questions are answered. But I don't like the answer.... It is plugged into my x-surf, but if I plug my card reader onto the header,everything goes squirrelly. I plug in a flash drive, it is recognized,then it dies, then It pops up and then dies again.
With the card reader plugged I to the header, the in board USB on the X-surf acts the same way - recognizes and then drops the USB flash drive.
When I unplug the header, the rear USB works fantastic - I can copy files with zero issues.
They must use the same USB channels, and when plugged into the X-surf it must not switch between them. The card read just confused the header and throws it for a loop.
No big deal - I am getting a 10 pin header connected to two USB ports - so I will just plug in my USB hub, connect this cable to that and I will be in business.
This thing is FAST! My Thylacine Zorro 2 USB maxed out at about 384 kbs. My new RapidRoad clocks in an about 5.8 Mbs! That thing is about 2-3 times faster than the onboard IDE on my A4000!

Page generated in 0.04283 seconds with 10 queries