View Single Post
Old 31 August 2018, 05:57   #28
Pheonix

Well, giving Fusion a try in emulation, and find I cannot test the Emplant SCSI. WinUAE supports it now, but I guess even with SCSI only, you still need the autoboot ROM (tried just using the empscsi.device file, didn't work.) Cant get it to show up in HDD Toolbox. Which could turn out to be moot (in emulation at least,) as I can't get Fusion to detect a hard drive through SCSI emulation regardless of the board I chose (in emulation at least.) It only works if I mount the partition in OS 3.9 then select the drive in Fusion. Going to have to do it on my physical HW I guess. Going to rush together a quick CD with a less than complete install (along with an floppy,) and install the OS on my system and try it out there.

Also going to have to track down better HFS file system handlers, I guess. Half the time directories show up as just one big file, and other files don't show up at all. Going to have to see how Shapeshifter handles copying files back & forth next.

Aside from all that, Fusion seems fairly nice. Going to try the PCx demo next, then Shapeshifter & PC-Task. I was greatly disappointed with Janus an my 2286 Bridgeboard. Hopefully either PCx or PC-Task will be more acceptable. Emulating an old 4-14 Mhz CGA system is all I really need Though, I'd like it better if it handled artifacting correctly.

Page generated in 0.08629 seconds with 11 queries