View Single Post
Old 12 August 2018, 20:18   #12
LeCaravage

- My sprite is 32x32pix high, so I take for the hot spot at (x+16,y+32).

Quote:
Originally Posted by phx View Post
When falling into such a sloped tile, does it immediately stick to the surface when touching it?
This could mean an abrupt movement by #dy=15 in the worst case?
Indeed, in my case as I don't need very steeply angles (=<45°), my leaning tiles are always composed of 2 tiles for each 16pixle row, one up and the second juste at the bottom of the first. But, one of the 2 owns a 'no collision' attribute. The one with more empty space got a 0 collision attribute. When sprite walking I always test these 2 tiles, 2 hot spots with 16 pixels vertical difference tests.
Not perfect and doesn't allow acceleration or crazy angles but works quite fine for my needing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phx View Post
What happens when moving from a plain tile into a sloped tile from the side? When #dy is 0 on the side you move in, it should probably block movement, but not when #dy is 15, because it has nearly the same level as you are currently on...?
I'm not sure to understand well. Please correct me if I'm wrong but you can't block horizontal mvt if the sloped tile don't have any side collision attribute and also the graphic artist must create joint tiles with no too much vertical difference, so your sprites will always stand on the tiles without entering in or have too much abrupt vertical correction. And in the worst case if the sloped tile is too high and doesn't allow side go through, the sprites can't pass it -like Turrican 2 if my memory serves right-.

I think normal people call it interleaved. Rawblit is the icon name in Kefrens Iffconverter

Last edited by LeCaravage; 12 August 2018 at 20:27.

Page generated in 0.08401 seconds with 11 queries