View Single Post
Old 03 August 2018, 14:47   #1
Bugmaniac

WinUAE and KS 3.x 45.064

I've got my A1200 down out of the loft and wanted to bring it up to "modern" standards. Its currently got KS 3.0 installed so after lot of research saw that 3.x 45.064 is the latest one available from amigastore.eu (http://amigastore.eu/en/451-rom-3x-a...two-chips.html).

Now I'm also getting a SD2IDE adaptor and wanted to build the OS before this arrives. I wanted to build this virtual 1200 as close as possible to the real deal so have been looking at which WB and KS ROMS are required.

I have AF7 so a version of the roms should be available for testing there (amiga-os-3x0-a1200.rom) so far so good.

I can boot AF7 up using the OS3.x settings and I can see that the version is KS 45.64 and WB 45.3 so all good there.

If I copy across the amiga-os-3x0 roms and the key I cannot get WinUAE to recognize the roms. The latest it recognises is 3.1 r40.68. Are there any plans for the later KS's to be supported?

Now, what I tried to do was take the os 3.x system files from AF and run that from WinUAE itself. That works if i use KS 3.1 r40.68. This gives me KS 45.57 and WB 45.3 so almost there.

What this doesn't do though is load/copy across workbench.library. The latest KS's leave out WB from the ROM as there's not enough space so I'm thinking that the WB install must check for the version of the KS for this copy to work.

Any thoughts?

Page generated in 0.04279 seconds with 11 queries