View Single Post
Old 02 August 2018, 09:58   #80
jotd
This cat is no more

Quote:
Last Rygar release was 2014-2017 on a Arcade compilation.
doesn't it annoy you that the game is recoded again and again? I'm 100% sure that emulation isn't used in those compilations (screen format, adaptations). Games are rewritten in whatever language is suitable, from original sources (if they kept them, which is likely). I'm sure it takes forever for them too, since they have the same issues as Amiga port has (except for the limited resources maybe)

I mean: the current sources are probably in C and we have to do the work over and over ... Well I don't mind that but sometimes I'd like a peek at the source (specially when I remade the bitmap bros games...)

Well, my original dream was: all arcade games that can be ported 1:1 or close should exist on the amiga (a bit like Atari did with Super Sprint, ... or the excellent Pang, Paperboy, Parasol Stars, Rainbow Islands and ... Bomb Jack). One more legend game like this, yeah!!!

The fact it requires a A1200 isn't a big deal. It's difficult enough to code on the amiga, let's have AGA & 2MB chip available at least...

Last edited by jotd; 02 August 2018 at 10:12.

Page generated in 0.06923 seconds with 11 queries