View Single Post
Old 02 July 2018, 21:43   #35
LocoSombrero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules View Post
Download links are broken. Any chance of this pack being reuploaded as recently aquired a gotek drive.
If I don't remember incorrectly, a few of the games on the list had ADF viruses in them, that can and will jump from a disk image to another, corrupting the images. This has happened to me with my Gotek USB stick, it's that age-old boot sector virus that'll easily spread itself across the disk images on the stick over time, esp. when using soft boot and as long as the ADF images on the stick are not write-protected.

Note the importance on checking up those ADF images before using them on a "999 images" stick, is that even a hard reset won't always clear up the boot sector virus on a Amiga disk [or in this case, a disk image of one] if it has been infected, since if you have, let's say, a typical 512k memory expansion board, it usually has a backup battery in it, where those nasty buggers can store themselves, at least for a while.

There are a lot of classics that can stil come to haunt someone using a USB adapter with a bunch of floppy images in it, some classic/common boot sector viruses being i.e.:

http://virus.wikidot.com/lamex
http://virus.wikia.com/wiki/Bytebandit

You might want to try to search the internet for sites that host ADF disk images, but be sure you use a boot sector (etc) virus check before you add any games to the USB stick, of course you can also make the ADF images read-only, but then you can't save etc. - I recommend a tool called ADFScan, it's what I've been using on ADF images so there's no nasties jumping from disk to another and at least for me, it's been great.

Just a heads up on that one disk image thingie so you won't end up wondering what went wrong! Cheers!

Last edited by LocoSombrero; 02 July 2018 at 21:51. Reason: (text paragraph formatting/additional info)

Page generated in 0.04380 seconds with 11 queries