Thread: computer clubs
View Single Post
Old 02 June 2018, 22:25   #6
mcgeezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Acid- View Post
Oxclose Community centre sounds familiar but when i google earth it it doesn't look right, the one I remember was right in the middle of a housing estate and when you went in the door you turned right for the main hall and there was a couple of small rooms to the left (about 6 pc guys used to sit in there as they were a complete minority to the Amiga users).

I wish I could remember where these places were but I was 16 and just a passenger..... even now unless i'm driving i take no notice of how I get somewhere lol

But Dave yes sounds about right, softly spoken and was always desperate for a shave - deffo remember the jam jar glasses. In the first venue I went to (93ish) it was a couple of quid on the door, and someone with bbs access used to get paid to bring in the latest warez for everyone to help themselves too.

Looking back I can see the harm it was doing to developers but at the time I was a poor kid not from a well off background so as far as I was concerned there wasn't any lost sales from me. I do my bit now though and I buy and back loads of stuff, i've dozens of games on loads of systems still shrink wrapped just never got around to trying them. I keep telling myself I will one day lol.
Yep - that is definitely the club in Concord I used to go to. When I was there it used to be 50p on the door. I was about 15 when I used to go there and was in one of those little side rooms probably with my Atari ST copying games or talking to the few demo coders/crackers that were there.

It hasn't changed much mind!

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@54.91...7i13312!8i6656

Like you I bought very few games as I didn't have much money. I've only just got back into the Amiga community in the last 8 months but absolutely love coding on it again.

Them were the days.

Page generated in 0.04451 seconds with 10 queries